Sunday, August 15, 2010

a rant post

Don't get me wrong. I adore dh, but he has tendencies of being the world's most self absorbed person. So he's off in a far far away developing country and I'm home alone. It isn't all that easy to call, but I get through this evening. We talk for about 15 minutes and he tells me all the news from there, catching me up on the politics, ideas, etc. I kid you not, but he did not once, not ONCE ask how I am. Not how I am feeling, did I sleep well, etc. And lest we all forget, I am pregnant with his baby. Oh, he did ask about the kitty. But not about the fish. So, I guess me, the baby, and the fish are all relegated to the same level of concern. Nice.

6 comments:

  1. Should I be blessing my lucky stars that I'm single? Sounds like he owes you flowers or candy or something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he's thinking he's treating you like more than just a pregnant vessel? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo with you on this one!! Drew is gone five days a week but if he happens to be gone on the weekend (like this one) for some reason, he thinks that the rules are different on the weekend. I can't stand when he doesn't call and if he's late doing it, he had BETTER ask how I am. If not, he gets an earful for a good LONG time.

    In solidarity...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A never asks how I am either. Even if I finally say "I'm fine, thank you for asking" he doesn't get it. He once went away after we got a new fridge and he asked how that was doing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also find that E is more likely to express concern about practical things. Like, he doesn't think I should ride my bike... or he didn't think a sport fishing trip was a good idea, in case the waves would make me nauseous. But when it comes to general concern about aspects of my well-being that he can't really do anything about, he is a bit less likely to comment. I just chalk it up to the whole 'men are from mars' concept, or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading for a while (but not commenting - sorry!) So congrats on the pregnancy. Its incredible. And sorry dh is being such a tool.

    ReplyDelete