My very dear blog sister Justine is very very close to meeting her long-sought second baby. And in honor of this momentous event, her friend JeCaThRe is throwing a virtual baby shower for her. How cool is that? (very, in my book)
Justine reminded me the other day that we often need to go in search for the right IRL community, and that there is trial and error in this endeavor. She's so right. While I wish the world would step up and make friends with me, make me feel welcome and comfortable, that is just not how the world works. I need to take charge of finding a happy place.
So in honor of her wisdom and her willingness to share it with me, I will make Justine's red velvet cupcakes and take them to the lady down the street who I have not yet met, but hear is having s baby a few weeks after I will. Maybe we can be friends... and it will have been Justine's cupcakes and wisdom that brought us together! and if not, I will be proud of myself for trying.
Thank you Justine! I wish you all the luck in the world for an easy and safe delivery. I can't wait to hear about your meeting your daughter for the first time!
love always, inB
Love this idea...
ReplyDeleteAs for kicks, she's never been too violent. Occasionally I catch my breath, but not very often now or in the past. I do have to say that the quality of movements has changed-- I feel more squirms, especially of her head, and more 'feeling around' kinds of movements of her limbs. Less jabs. The rib-tangle thing is still an issue, though... It sounds like M is more assertive in her movements than my baby, though. Mine moves around a lot, but they've always been pretty subtle. Could be the anterior placenta, too, I suppose.
Just wanted to thank you again for the caring post on my blog. When you say Greyson and I are seared on your brain, I believe you and somehow it's really meaningful to me. Like you're really watching over me or something. So sorry I can't read or comment on this blog very often, I hope you understand why. It doesn't mean I love you any less.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Thank you for participating. I won't speak directly for Justine, but I feel confident that she'll love this.
ReplyDeleteDespite my former life as an English literature graduate student, I'm speechless. This is such a wonderful gift ... and you're such an amazing person! I so admire your ability to persevere in a field that is not exactly hospitable to women, and to mothers ... you have inspired me to do the same! I hope the cupcakes make for an easy introduction, whether or not this woman becomes your friend ... be careful not to overbeat the batter, and if the cupcakes sink, just hide the hole with more cream cheese frosting. :) *hugs* to you ... thank you so much for this, and for being willing to share your life with all of us, with all of its knots and tangles!
ReplyDelete