I carry all of you so close to my heart, and think of each and everyone of you numerous times every day. This blog sisterhood is remarkable.
I am blown away by all the support and love in response to my last post. Justine commented that it would be so wonderful if we could all form a circle IRL for each other. That would be spectacular! But I feel so lucky that we at least have the internet to bring us together. Can you imagine how hard all of this must have been about 20 years ago or more? I think I would have lost my mind... it is no surprise that there are some crazy cat ladies out there. I would definitely be one of 'em (there is till time for me to become that though so I shouldn't assume I am out of danger...)
I woke up at 2am to pee and can't get back to sleep. Two and a half hours later and I am still awake, but decided to get up and check on what all of you are up to. Luckily the bouts of insomnia, although regular occurrences, do not happen every night. It is frustrating because I know that my brain ends up kind of fried the next day and I look like a stereotypical worn out pregnant lady with zero glow. But, whatever. It is a much better kind of insomnia than all of the really angst-ridden stress-induced bouts I have had in the past.
One last thing -- you all are angels to say I look thin! I should post another angle someday as the front of my body has such an amazing girth these days, and whatever little muscles I have are buried under lots of extra bodily fluid and other padding... it is really a neat thing though to just let go of all the emotional baggage over my body-image and sit back and go with the ride my body is taking me on.
Ugh, insomnia is the worst! Hope you sleep better tonight! Glad you felt the love on that last post and you really do look thin in that picture!
ReplyDeleteI was up at 4, too ... and never did get back to sleep. And of course, now I'm at work.
ReplyDeleteReally, this is a serious design flaw in late pregnancy!!
What a nice post! :)
ReplyDeleteYou look like a stick in your photo, so I can only imagine how skinny you must've been BEFORE.
I hope your insomnia gets better-- I have those nights too. It's sort of torture, because we are waiting waiting waiting all day just for this damned baby to come, that we need the respite of sleep to at least make SOME of the time pass quickly. But no...
And yeah, the blog sisterhood is the best. I don't think I'll ever leave!!!
Insomnia is the worst! I had a bout of it a week or so ago and I wanted to cry! I wonder why it happens?!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post and I couldnt agree more, this community is so awesome! i wish we could all meet up, have some sort of IF destination gathering! I suppose we will have to settle for blog posts and pictures, but the bond created here, are so very special, I feel I have made some lifelong friends!
I had on and off insomnia too - it is preparation for the real thing!
ReplyDeleteYou asked if she looked cute at birth - after they got off all the goo that comes with newborn (lots of white-ish goo) yes, she looked cute, really cute in fact. But i think c-section helps that. she wasn't too swollen or puffy from being squished in the birth canal, her head was perfectly shaped, no cone head for her. And she has the chubbiest cheeks, which is so adorable. So yeah, cute from the start for me.