Saturday, February 26, 2011

oh, I forgot!

I also ordered a brest friend yesterday too... I decided there was no way that much endorsement could lead me astray!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps 1 pillow will do you, being well-endowed. Breastfeeding is hard with small boobs-- not much ability to swivel those suckers around! For me, the breast friend would still leave about a 5" gap between my baby's head and my nipple!! So consider yourself lucky to have the big girls...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I totally meant to comment ages ago -- Lesley is clearly more organized and able to be on line and a new mother!

    Anyhow, the my brest friend pillow works great. Sometimes I put a burp cloth under ben's head to get him where I need him, but it works great.

    Also, and I intend to post more about this, do not hesitate to ask for help from a lactation consultant, nurse, etc on feeding. It's hard, it can be uncomfortable, and it can make you feel like a humongous failure (ok, this is my experience so far...). But you should do what you need to do to feed your baby and keep your supply up... the first is most important and so whatever you do is the right thing. Don't be bullied into not feeding your screaming baby a bottle of formula if your milk isn't in yet, or if your supply doesn't meet demand (our issue here) -- whatever works for you is the right way to go.

    ReplyDelete