Monday, February 21, 2011

Doing better

Thanks for all the support the other day.  I am feeling better now, nothing like an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's dolce delish to cheer one up.  I've been a total glutton for sweets these last two weeks.  Oof.

I think the trick to feeling better is to be more easy on myself.  Yesterday I went to my prenatal massage (wonderful!), then a picnic lunch with Dh on the first sunny day in about a week. 

I then went home and mostly laid around, finishing up "The Girl Who Played with Fire", doing a smidge of laundry, taking an hour long nap (from which I woke completely disoriented -- no idea what day it was, what I was doing home, I had even forgotten that I am pregnant, really weird mental place to have been in for a few minutes). 

A totally random, weird thing happened.  I ordered the Happiest Baby on the Block video from Netflix, and just got an email saying they received it back.  I never got it though!!!  If I were to let myself get superstitious this would really freak me out.

5 comments:

  1. Freaky! That video is next in our cue, too.

    Maybe we'll get the copy that you 'returned'. :)

    Ice cream and a picnic sound wonderful. And a nap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they decided you didn't need it because you'll have such a happy baby without the "formula"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that video is really helpful. The shushing and swaddling really helped our infant. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of yourself these last few weeks, because soon you will be completely focused on taking care of someone else! Indulge now as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete